Calling All Authors - Help Support Libraries and Promote Your Books!
United for Libraries is bringing authors and libraries together in a unique partnership to connect authors with libraries, Friends of the Library groups, and library Foundations as well as to keep authors informed about issues and concerns affecting libraries on a national level.
For just $39 a year, authors will help strengthen support for libraries, connect with libraries, stay informed, and learn how their voice can help libraries throughout the country. Benefits for authors include:
- A link from this website to the author's website where library staff, Friends groups, and Foundation staff can find information about upcoming tours to assist with scheduling library talks and book signings and well as information about forthcoming books and resources for book groups.
- A subscription toThe Voice for America’s Libraries, United for Libraries' newsletter with articles about issues and trends in libraries, highlights of creative programs and fundraising efforts from libraries, Friends groups, and library Foundations across the country, and details about how you can help advocate for libraries.
- A quote about libraries added to the Library Quotes database for Friends group and libraries to use in their publicity and marketing materials.
How to Join
- Join online with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express). It's easy and secure!
- Use the convenient paper form. Mail to the address on the form with a check, purchase order, or credit card information. If using a credit card, please sign the “Signature line.”
- Call our office at (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161 between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We can take your information and credit card over the phone to process the order.